So after earnest requests made by few of my friends, I decided to share the secret recipe of preparing the heavenly Saudi Champagne which I successfully made at home last evening. 😀
Before I give out the recipe, let me familiarize you a bit with this awesome cool beverage.
Saudi Champagne certainly does NOT contain alcohol, therefore it’s referred to as “Saudi” but does have sparkly nature of the real champagne.. How ironic right? However, this minty and fruity flavored drink is healthier and a much more refreshing substitute to any soft drink.
It is one of the most popular refreshments which is offered in the menu of every renowned restaurants and hotels in the Kingdom. A pitcher could be charged to you with an extravagant price.. but guess what? Saudi Champagne is NO biggy to make it on your own, it is VERY simple and quick to make at home!
Here is what you need to make a pitcher (4 glasses) :
- 900 ml – chilled apple juice (a good brand)
- 250 ml – chilled sparkling water / Perrier water ( for stronger drink, increase the amount)
- 1 Apple – diced into little square pieces
- 1/2 Orange or Lemon – sliced horizontally into perfect rounds
- few sprigs of mint leaves
- ice cubes
- In a pitcher, add the fruits along with the mint leaves
- Pour in apple juice… stir… the fruits will rise up and float
- Mix in sparkling water
- Throw in some ice cubes
- Serve immediately and enjoyyyyy! 😀
Hope those of you who asked for it are happy now 😀
And the rest of you.. please do try it out and let me know how it turned out! ^_^