For some weird reason, I have been experiencing loss of appetite since two days. You know how breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I try not to skip it but today just the thought of ‘food’ was highly unappealing. As the day passed, I felt weaker.. something HAD to go inside my system to keep me going right? So I checked fridge, there were a lot of goodies except, I didn’t feel like eating.
Found some apples and guavas.. But who wants to go through the lengthy process of cutting. biting and chewing the fruity chunks. (I can get so lethargic at times :$)
Eating a banana looked like my last resort as it’s the only fruit I live on when I’m in this mode of decreased appetite. Banana is a no-fuss fruit for me. Just peel and you are good to go. But then some dates caught my eye. Pronto that gave me the idea “why don’t I just cut these fruits roughly, simply throw them into the blender, puree and chug the resulted smoothie ?”
Sounded something I could use to give me instant energy boost plus “drinking” seemed more palatable to me than “eating” right then. So I went ahead and this is how it turned out…
All the yellows that went into the smoothie
The texture looked so smoooth and custardy (I LOVE custard) that it sparked some appetite in me. The mellow taste was delightful to my temporarily bored tastebuds, which I enjoyed with every sip. And this delicious whipped smoothie immediately revived my energy!
Here is what was needed:
- 2 golden apples
- 2 bananas
- 1 guava (you can scoop out the seeds because they don’t blend well)
- 3-4 semi-ripe dates flesh (go for the ripe variety for more sugary taste)
- Half glass of chilled orange juice
- You can even include half teaspoon of grated ginger if you want to spice up your smoothie
- If mango is in the season, it could make another wonderful tropical addition to this yellow smoothie!
So these were all the ‘yellows’ that was needed to make this delightful tropical smoothie. There is so much rave about GREEN smoothies these days, they are almost ruling most diet plans. Do check out CHUG YOUR GREENS, they have some incredible green smoothie recipes!
And don’t forget to drop a comment below and tell us what kind of smoothie does get YOU going?
From their crown to their lovely sparkling jewel-like arils (seeds) and not to forget the plethora of health benefits each of them holds, pomegranates have so much about them that give them this royal charisma among the fruit family.
During my research I wasn’t surprised to find out that the pomegranate has been held in high esteem in different folklore, legends and cultures. Due to the abundance of edible ruby-red arils this fruit is bestowed with, pomegranate holds symbolism of power, prosperity, fertility and good-luck.
These are just SOME of the health benefits this wonder fruit is associated with:
- Cancer Fighter – Packed with high amounts of anti-oxidants, pomegranate is effective in defending against free-radicals and development of cancerous cells.
- Heart-Friendly – Rich with Granatin B and Punicalagin, these components are said to fight heart-related diseases and lowers the level of bad cholesterol.
- Anti-aging – Increases collagen production that in turn regenerates skin cells and reduces appearance of fine line and wrinkles
- Immunity-Booster – Pomegranates are good source of Vitamin-C which gives it anti-bacterial properties.
- Fat-Burner – The amazing amounts of dietary fiber it contains will make you feel full and curb your hunger and thus can become a great addition to your weight-loss diet.
- Maintains Sugar – Studies showed there was no significant increase in blood sugar level after pomegranate juice consumption therefore it’s a great drink for even diabetic patients.
Pomegranate juice is also my personal favorite. Just a day back I tried making Pommie-Apple Smoothie at home and it turned out wonderful! The combined health benefits of both fruits found in this drink makes it extra special and tastier.
Bottom right: Close-up of Rubies (arils)
Here is the recipe to make two glasses:
- 3 cups of pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup water
- Honey according to how sweet you like
- Ice cubes
Blend all of the ingredients above at full speed until you see a smooth foamy pink mixture. Pour the mixture into your favorite glass and serve immediately.
Tip: Milk or yogurt or both can be included as well to make your smoothie more creamy.
There are MANY ways pomegranate smoothie can be made with. Just use your imagination.
What other variation would you like to make to the recipe above? Please do share 🙂
Awesome recipe of Orange & Pomegranate Cheesecake – cheftoponkumer2013.wordpress.com/
So after earnest requests made by few of my friends, I decided to share the secret recipe of preparing the heavenly Saudi Champagne which I successfully made at home last evening. 😀
Before I give out the recipe, let me familiarize you a bit with this awesome cool beverage.
Saudi Champagne certainly does NOT contain alcohol, therefore it’s referred to as “Saudi” but does have sparkly nature of the real champagne.. How ironic right? However, this minty and fruity flavored drink is healthier and a much more refreshing substitute to any soft drink.
It is one of the most popular refreshments which is offered in the menu of every renowned restaurants and hotels in the Kingdom. A pitcher could be charged to you with an extravagant price.. but guess what? Saudi Champagne is NO biggy to make it on your own, it is VERY simple and quick to make at home!
Here is what you need to make a pitcher (4 glasses) :
- 900 ml – chilled apple juice (a good brand)
- 250 ml – chilled sparkling water / Perrier water ( for stronger drink, increase the amount)
- 1 Apple – diced into little square pieces
- 1/2 Orange or Lemon – sliced horizontally into perfect rounds
- few sprigs of mint leaves
- ice cubes
- In a pitcher, add the fruits along with the mint leaves
- Pour in apple juice… stir… the fruits will rise up and float
- Mix in sparkling water
- Throw in some ice cubes
- Serve immediately and enjoyyyyy! 😀
Hope those of you who asked for it are happy now 😀
And the rest of you.. please do try it out and let me know how it turned out! ^_^